Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Slow Down

As we get closer and closer to delivery time my wife is trying to slow me down. She thinks that I need to slow down a bit especially with my hobbies. I love to ride. If you haven't figured that out yet you've been on another planet. There is a quote they said in Top Gun, "you won't be happy unless you're doing mach 2 with your hair on fire." Well, that's me in a nut shell. I'm an adrenaline junky and my wife looks at that as taking chances that I don't need to.

I'm really curious to see how I will be after Jr. is here. Am I going to be as crazy and irresponsible? It's in my blood and I don't know how to change the way it makes me feel to do 150mph. One thing is for sure is, it's not all about me anymore. I want to make sure that I'm there for this little one every step of the way. I would never just want to leave my wife hanging out there to take care of a family all by herself. So what do I do? Do I give it up? You can't say "Oh, I will just be more careful. It doesn't work that way with me. When I get on my bike the first thing I want to do is get the front tire off the ground before I make it to the end of the street. I guess I just need to slow down and think about it all.

6 comments:

Bigdawg99 said...

Yeah just take it easy and keep it slow and if you ever want to get rid of it ive got about $150 cash so just think about it lol

Anonymous said...

My dad and my uncle went through the same with their wives. My mom mad my dad give up riding until us kids were grown up then she let him ride agian. My uncle almost died while riding so his wife got a scare while they had a new born at home. But dont give up what you love, just kinda take it easy for a while and help get the family started.

KOE said...

Compromize on the issues. I guess you might want to buy a mini van but don't stop enjoying your hobbies just because of the "new life"

Zeek said...

ya your right about you cant just be more careful. it doesnt work that way. your taking a risk everytime you ride. you have to watch out for everyone else. dont get me wrong im just like you in ways i have been riding bikes for about 7 years now. i still ride and the fastest ive went is 185mph ya thats crazy. but now i wear a helment. i know that doesnt save everything. i hate thinking about it. but your thinking will change a little bit.

dearthvader said...

i remeber my dad used to have a bike when i was little. he sold it when i was around 12 years old, but i still remeber him taking me for rides. maby you could do the same with your kid. i woulden't suggest going 150 or riding a wheelie. probly something more like going the speed limit on both tires would be better. as a child it was the coolest feeling ever to be on a motorcycle with my dad. perhaps you could do the same for you child too someday.

Cap'n Fatback said...

I'm curious about how your wife has felt about the speedy side to your life before the big news. Was she attracted to the daredevil in you, or did she just elect to deal with it?

Also, have there been some specifically close scrapes in the past that would cause your wife to worry? An explanation of one time might be good.

Don't forget to close out your quotes (paragraph 3).