Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Feelin' It

Now it seems that time is moving fast. Before I know it the baby will be here and i won't be prepared at all. The latest thing that has been going on for me is my wife has started noticing the baby kicking more the past couple of weeks. My wife is all into it, she loves it. Me on the other hand, I'm a bit freaked out by it. Maybe I just look at things in black and white but if I had something moving around in my belly it would make me feel sick to my stomach. I'm getting more used to this whole baby thing a little more each day and getting a little less nervous.

My wife is always asking me to feel it kick and watch her stomach. I'm not to sure about it yet. I just told her it bothers me right now and I'm not comfortable with it. I guess at some point I'm going to have to break out of this shell of mine and give in a bit.

My wife is just expecting me to share my feelings and this experience with her. I'm just not a touchy, feely type of guy. I've never been much on sharing my feelings but I know that is what she is looking for right now. I think she just needs some evidence that I'm happy we're having this baby.

4 comments:

KOE said...

I get it, I hang around with toddlers. I think they are great when they are happy and enjoying themselves. I think they are take out our pains.

Zeek said...

yeah that is definalty what she wants. just buck up and feel the baby. ya its kind of wierd but do it for her dont even think about it. think of it as burp lol. all i know is that she will start getting mad and depressed. im not trying to make you mad. i just know cuz i know how it feels. so yes let her know that you are the most happy person in the world even if your not. just try u will like it.

Cap'n Fatback said...

Clever title. The post is short, and ends abruptly (there seems to be something left unsaid), but you've got a good thing going here.

Try showing what you think it might feel like to feel the baby move.

Bigdawg99 said...

Shit i'm glad i can't have no kid kickin me in the stomach aren't you!