Monday, January 14, 2008

What is it?

In one month from now we will find out what we are having. Most guys would want a boy first. I hear that they are a little easier and they can relate to them a little easier. I am kind of leaning towards having a girl first. I don't know what it is and why I would want one first. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. With a boy I think I would have a lot of fun with. Yeah, I could relate to him a lot easier and understand him a little better but I just think back to when I was a little boy. I was a little fireball. I was always getting into things that I was told not to and on top of everything else I had ADHD. I use to be very hyper and used to just bounce offf the walls. But the real problem is that I had a little brother that was only 13 months younger than me. It was a constant battle to see who was the tougher one.
With a girl I think it would be somewhat calmer. Now I don't know that for a fact but thats what I would like to think. I am also sure that the mother has a big influence on how the girl would turn out. My wife is a really laid back, beautiful person but my wife isn't far from myself. She is kind of a tom boy who enjoys football, playing cards, and drinking beer. So it will be interesting to see how all of that will play a part if we have a girl.
In the end I really don't care what we have. I will be happy to have either one and I'm sure I won't be as ready as I thought I was.

4 comments:

ForwardThought said...

I like your blog, I can really relate. I was in your shoes, three times. I have three boys and they are great, like you said, relating to them is very easy, but like the saying, "Boys will be boys," so true. I always thought I wanted a girl somewhere in the mix, but my brother has five girls and his house is loud and giggly. Plus, I don not know if I could handle the whole boyfriend thing. Good luck, and don't deny it, every guy wants a boy.

Zeek said...

well im glad that you are with your girl. that makes me proud because most guys just walk away these days. trust me i know i was with Gracie's dad for five years and he just dipped after i said that i was pregnant. he said it wasn't his and all that. so i gave him a test to prove it because i thought it would make things better but i didn't, it made things worse. and now not surprisingly he has another girl pregnant and he says the same thing to her that its not his. so yeah im glad your taking responsibility. and its not that bad you will be fine your not having the baby. lol but just try to be understanding. even though she might be moody. but just remember there is so much changing in her body and it makes someone act different.

Cap'n Fatback said...

zxrider--

Okay, some great stuff, but you'll want to put spaces between the paragraphs. Well done getting caught up, and I look forward to seeing your experiences over the quarter.

Blog 1: 3/5 (late)
Blog 2: 3/5 (late)
Blog 3: 5/5

Steamboat said...

I'm not really in your situation as I see the others that have commented before me are. But what I have learned and noticed is that if you have a boy first and girl second her brother will always be looking out for her and making sure that noone will mess with her or hurt her. That will take a little stress of you and your wife that you son will always look out for her. But congrats either way.