Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Rounding Second Base


We are over half way there and I'm pretty excited. Its coming so fast my head is about to spin off. I don't have time to fear anything right now, but just to be excited for the new one to show up. My whole perspective on this whole pregnancy thing has changed. It has really just really sunk in with me and I'm ready to go.

Last week I painted the nursery. All of this stuff is more time consuming than what I thought. What about all of the baby things that you need out there? All of the bedding, dressers, and changing tables are so expensive. This girl is going to have a nicer room than my wife and I. This girl will be spoiled and not just by me.

On my in-laws side this will be the first granddaughter. I can see all of the pink and purple stuff now. I won't have to do any of the spoiling, she will get enough from all of her grandparents.

This has become a real exciting and fun time for me. I had to quit fighting the fact that I was scared and losing some freedom. I don't look at it like that now. I'm truly blessed to be having this child come into my life and I couldn't ask for anything more. OK, I lied, maybe another motorcycle.

3 comments:

Nutz said...

Another motorcycle?? I am glad to see you are getting so excited hon! The more this little one moves around, the more excited I am to meet her too! But I am sure you will be spoiling her plenty! :)

Cap'n Fatback said...

zx6rider--

Great new design here. Also, welcome to angie, who appears to be quite the blogger herself. Taking down the motorcycle picture and putting up the wedding photo? Smart move, now that it's established that mom is visiting. :)

Steamboat said...

I know how you are with kids being spoiled. My sister had a kid and he will be two in may but all of the stuff he got just overwhelmed me. Still its great that everything is going good for you and all. Congrats.