Sunday, March 30, 2008

4D Mania


Last week we went for the 4D ultrasound. I didn't want to go at first, but if you know me by now you would know that you have to break my arm to get me to do anything different. I ended up having to also take my mom and brother to the ultrasound, and when we got there it was very different than what I thought. There was a huge sectional couch and chairs behind that. in total there was seating for about 15-20 people. Then on the wall was this huge flat panel t.v. where the ultrasound would be displayed.


The table where my wife had to lay down on was right up front. It was almost like she was on display and I guess in a way she was, we had quite a few people there.


At first the woman would go around her stomach in the 2d(what I call normal) ultrasound. The doctor would find a spot and then switch it over to the 4D. It literally took my breath away. I'm now seeing all of the facial features on my little girl. We could see all her fingers and toes in great detail it didn't seem real. At one point she even gave us a half smile, almost to smile for the camera. She got moving around a bit and then moved her hands which looked like she was now waving at the camera. I think the girl really likes being the center of attention.


Overall the process took about 40 minutes where they even make you several dvd's in a movie form. Anyone going through a pregnancy and not sure to spend the money on the 4D ultrasound, do it. You will never regret having done it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty cool stuff, huh? :) Can't wait to meet Rachel in person! Aiden is pretty stoked, too :)